Monday, June 8, 2015

Middle Sister Goodie-Two Shoes Pinot Noir Wine Review




Birth order – where do you fit in? This week’s Wine Wednesday feature has me contemplating more than just the Pinot Noir in the bottle. It was the label that got me. You see, I am a middle sister. The Middle Sister Goodie Two-Shoes might just as well have had my name on the label right? Well, you’d have to ask my sisters. I’m sure they have their opinions….

Ironically, I did find this wine to have some of the stereotypical characteristics of a middle child. This one is a pleaser, easily adaptable, buy also a touch rebellious with just enough edge to get your attention.
As I poured I noted the distinct burgundy color. On the nose, raspberry, blackberry and baking spices. It had a surprising round mouth feel with light tannins and the words ‘fruit bomb’ came to mind. There was a slight tartness on the finish, more tart than tannin, but that’s that edge I referred to earlier – just enough to make me want another sip. It did strike me as being a bit ‘one note’ but if it’s the right note…….so be it. 
We enjoyed this with a meatloaf recipe I’m testing that has a mushroom demi-glace. The wine was most agreeable in the sauce and pleasing with our meal. I think it would also work well with my Italian Street Fair Crêpes and both in and with my Bistro Burgers. To print or save the recipe pairing suggestions, click the links below. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment